Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The surprise One Week Deluxe Baby Blanket

Today, you get to see the finished "surprise" baby blanket. I actually finished Saturday afternoon (late), which was a day later than I wanted, but was still (barely) in time to actually hand personally to my sister before she had to go to Mass yet again, then head home. The pattern is original, was done completely winging it, finished in almost exactly-to-the-minute one week, and is hopefully an experience I will never have to repeat. But I like the result!


Thanks to working on Girl from Auntie's Rogue Hooded Sweatshirt, I had the hang of starting and ending Celtic cables in the middle of nowhere, and now I'm *really* glad I frogged much of said sweater, because after this blanket, I'm actually pretty good at it. The center motif is likely what I'll use for my Masters Level 1 "cable of your choice" swatch, since I noticed that the one I'd done just rehashed the two cables they'd given us to use.

Herself's mom loved the Trinity Knots at the ends (I'm thrilled there's another layer of meaning to what I thought were pretty little Celtic knot hearts!), and Herself loved the blanket. (Herself, of course, looks absolutely stunning, and complains of having gained "lots of" weight - but since she still looks like a supermodel, I sure as heck can't tell!)

Since I had trouble getting a decent photo in the 5.6 seconds I had before it got wrapped, I did a video instead. (I guess that's me on the voiceover; is my voice *really* that squeaky?) Hopefully, this videothing will actually work, this is my very first internet video post thing. (Yeah, it takes me a while to get comfy with technology I've had access to for over a decade. Oh well. Plus, there are a lot of "related videos" linked to it that have *nothing* to do with me, my sister, or this blanket. Not quite sure how they got "related"...!)


Of course, having accomplished all that, I'll probably do something completely insane for Summer Ravelympics 2012, but hey - now I know I can!!

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful achievement. It looks lovely. Hopefully, you will have time to enjoy your next project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to have a baby girl just to warrant a blanket like that! :)Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...