Monday, April 19, 2010

Masters Monday...

Ye gods & leetle fishes - it's week 47. WEEK 47. There are only 52 weeks in a year - this is Not Good! Luckily, actual progress has been made. First, I re-knit swatches 1 & 2 so the ribbing would be long enough. I have to say, all the entrelac I've been doing has really helped neaten up the edges of my knitting!


Before


After

I decided to keep the "your choice of cable" swatch that I've done, since it looks Very Very Pretty, and I have the pattern written. If it isn't approved, I have a Celtic something in reserve. So, all my swatches are done. I unpinned them one at a time and wove in their ends, then put them in their binder sleeves (quickly, with temporary tags, so I wouldn't get them mixed up!). Can I just say there is a LOT of end-weaving over sixteen swatches - and lots and LOTS in the two-color swatch (ten, to be precise)?

After careful consideration, I decided the following:
  1. I have to re-knit swatch #2 AGAIN. I know it doesn't have to be "perfect" - but I'd really like the SIMPLE STOCKINETTE swatch to look as flawless as possible. At least I know how many rows I need to knit for the 2.5" (18) k1p1, and how many for the 4" stockinette (32).
  2. Once trimmed and fluffed, the hat pom pom looks very pretty:
  3. Writing out lots of little green index cards takes forever, especially when concerned about "legibility" and "accuracy". Since I don't actually have most of my references tablulated yet, I'm just writing out the card framework.

  4. Given how much of the middle room of my house, and how much of the weekend, I had set up for this project, it's amazing how little I actually got tone.
But it's progress, and I actually have Swatches In A Binder. Now, if I can just get everything ELSE in the binder, I'll be all set!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...