Friday, April 16, 2010

TI-neee BLANK-ets, Iiiiin the Aiiiirrrr...

Got a bit bored with all the lavender (well, I've already done an entire project in it, at this point!), so added some blue that wandered into my stash. It's a bit heavier weight than the lavender, so while the doll blanket can take a square or two in it, I can't just switch colors entirely. Because it's just a wee bit bigger, I can get away with some. As of this morning, I have five blue diamonds, and will probably throw in one more just for show. This little critter is almost done. I figure if I can make it the rest of the way across with diamonds (and one blue diamond), then I'll do the foundation triangles coming back, and will hopefully have enough yarn for the eight rows of seed stitch at the bottom. I've also discovered that, much to my surprise, I'm knitting this blanket sideways - the way it would sit on a doll bed is 90degrees from the direction I'm knitting. Which means I'm knitting it width-wise, rather than length-wise. I think. The caffeine hasn't hit yet this morning.


Knitting slowly on it - trying to keep ahead of my YoT:SE knitting and finish up on TKGA Level 1 Submission - Take 1. This weekend is, in theory, somewhat quiet (b-day party for a friend Saturday, which I'll probably be asleep for, thanks to my shot, but I'll try showing up anyway). Should be lots of tiny blanket knitting time in there somewhere, and maybe, just maybe, I'll finally get my darned binder together once and for all!

4 comments:

  1. I love your blanket so far! I'm working on one very similar just my pattern is a much smaller scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have faith in you - finish that binder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is very stunning. It looks like it's woven. Nicely done.
    Go ahead and throw some of that orange in there!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket looks beautiful!

    To answer your question, I earned my OWL badges through the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup on Ravelry. Search that name under groups and it will come up. They're accepting applications for the next term now, so don't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...