Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So many UFOs, so little time...

Someone on Ravelry (in the counted cross-stitch group) started a "how many current projects do you have?" thread. I realized that (*shudder*) I'd gone over 50 again due to the ANG meeting that I didn't actually attend (a combination of extreme allergies and a Nuclear Security Summit are to blame for it this month). So, time to take a look at The List, and see what I can (or should!) finish off quickly.

Stuff I've started this year and not yet finished:
"Hello Kitty" Illusion Scarf. Side One is finished, Side Two is started, and I've misplaced my notebook with the Happy Star and Happy Heart patterns (which will be available for free here and via Ravelry once I've finished my scarf, since they're cute, and other people might want to knit something with them in them).


The Yarn on Thursday: Stitch Edition Blanket. Yeah, that's not gonna be done for quite a while!


Rogue Hooded Pullover. Since getting it almost finished, then frogging half of it back, I've not quite had the heart to figure out where I was and get it restarted. I need to do this. There's still a wee small chance I'll have it done in time for the Celtic Festival (although with my allergies acting up so badly, I may not be able to go - still, just in case...!).


The Enrelac Doll Blanket. Well, I've only got about half a skein of yarn left, and, for entrelac, it goes pretty quickly. I figure this will be done by the end of the week, and certainly by the end of the weekend. (My friend's birthday party on Saturday *always* develops a S&B corner!)


The Kiev Mini Stocking. Goes with the Kiev Canvas I got at In Stitches last month. Started during the day on monday; I've already frogged a few bits, since they weren't coming out quite as I'd hoped. Decided to stitch all the stuff that I knew would be in Continental stitch first - the purple and the black!


Other Stuff I've Started that I Could (conceivably) Finish This Year, or Sooner.
There's a really intricate, pretty version of The List from July, 2008 here - as you can probably tell, I was spending more time making The List pretty than actually working on anything on it! There are a lot of things on that version of the list that have since been finished, unraveled, frogged, discarded, or put aside until a better home is found for them.

Lake District Designs' "English Knot Garden". I picked this up at my very first Stash Festival - Spirit of Cross-Stitch, I think, back in the mid-90s, and it's been on the list since the list began. (The list says it was started in 1996; I will trust the list.) If I can figure out where it's stashed in my house, I vaguely recall that there's only about twelve colors left to stitch, and most of the tricky bits are done. I think it went into its bag last time when I was faced with what seemed like an inordinate amount of backstitch. Evidently, I've never taken a photo of mine; I'll have to fix that when I find it. Here's a photo of hers that Sandra C. posted (and click on that there link - she's done some lovely stuff!!)


Aerlate Studios' "Small Ferocious Beastie/Gryphon" - I took two of their charts and merged them to make a personalized Gryphon for myself. I've got about half the black stitching around the border to do - slightly less than half, now, really, and most of the gold-work. The idea was to make it look like an illuminated manuscript page, and it will (someday) have a suitably baroque frame. According to this blog, it got started sometime in 2008.


(at end of summer, 2008)

A couple of projects need finding and frogging, because when I start them again, I'm going to start on smaller needles, with a fresh chart. It will depend, however, on (a) how far I've actually gotten and (b) how the knitting looks, esp. decreases and increases - I'm much better at those now than I was even a year ago, thanks to the TKGA classes/Masters. Among these are Gwenivere (Secret of the Stole #1). I've restarted her, but I think I need to do a complete restart. Luckily, I love the yarn and the pattern, so I know she'll get knitted someday. (And my Secret of the Stole #2 is still the only shawl I wear regularly. It sits in its place on top of the Hello Kitty plush Halloween basket, in case I get chilled.)


The Tiger Eye stole. OMG, I love this yarn... and this is really the pattern I want to make it in. However, I think I'm still using too-large needles, and I really need to write myself out a REAL pattern, with pages and pages and (gasp) row numbers.


And I should really turn in my Level 1 Masters stuff. I really, really should.


I've got a partially stitched "Bargello Flames Bag" that needs to get completely frogged. I started it when I was completely in love with Bargello, but didn't quite get the scale I was working on. Well, maybe not... it *does* look pretty cool. Dunno. (And I need to finish the canvas you can see behind it, too. And find those really cool little scissors - where the heck are they now?)


So many projects that *could* be done, if I could focus/actually carry them around/still wanted them... so little time!!

4 comments:

  1. So, silly question: Why write out row numbers when you have a piece of software that will chart for your Tiger's Eye shawl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My you are a brave soul to post ufo info, complete with photos... Also, warms my heart to hear that you love your SOTS II. Awesome! Keep up the Masters Knitting work. I am following your progress vicariously and you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have software that will chart??

    Oh. Yeah. I guess I do...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound SO much like me! I think we are very "creative"!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...