Monday, April 26, 2010

Masters Monday: Week 48, and counting

At the end of February (Week 40), I made the following list, to keep myself on track.
"So, here's how the end of the Masters went. My idea was if I made the list as if I'd done everything, maybe it would get done. The stuff in italics is when it ACTUALLY happened - if it has yet!
  1. Knit final two swatches. actually done Week 46 & 47 - they're done now

    See? Here's Swatch 2. Done, done, done.
    Best k1p1 rib EVER.
    And blocking facedown seems to work well...
  2. Write pattern. actually done Week 40!!
  3. Write report. Remember it's not "write a book", and keep it clear, simple, and BRIEF. STILL NOT DONE.
  4. Clean and block all 16 swatches. actually done Week 43 - and 46 &47
  5. Weave in ends of all swatches. actually done Week 46, except for Swatch 2, which is still drying.
  6. Write tags for swatches, pin to swatches. Written, but swatches have threads, so tagging will be easy if I do it?
  7. Clean and block hat. Turns out original hat is actually pretty good. Still needs to be blocked, woven in, and pompom attached.
  8. Add pompom to hat.
  9. Add tag to hat. Must remember to make tag for hat!
  10. Answer all the questions, with at least two citations for each. Getting closer to this, actually. Possible finish today or tomorrow.
  11. Assemble binder, using, as appropriate, top load or side load pages. actually done Week 46, for the most part. Just need to add Swatch 2, questions, hat, report...
  12. Double check everything so there aren't any dumb mistakes.
  13. Have third party double-check everything so there aren't any super-obvious dumb mistakes. (The third party is likely to be my husband, who doesn't knit, but at least he can read and count, so if I'm missing something major, he should spot that, right? Right?)
  14. Pack as-lightweight-as-possible sturdy box, triple-checking address.
  15. Check everything one more time. Double check again. Swear I've forgotten something, check again. Find no obvious errors. Make husband check everything again. Check one more time. Seal box. Open box, swearing I've forgotten something. Have husband drag me out of the house with re-sealed box, and drive me to the post office before I can go completely bonkers, since clearly, I've forgotten SOMETHING.
  16. Watch husband mail box... (since he knows if he lets me anywhere near it, I'll open it again because, you know, I SWEAR I've forgotten something - are all my swatches in the right pocket? Are the tags in the correct corner? Are the tags on the correct swatches? Is my pompom actually secure on my hat? Did I remember to number the questions? Are my citations actually linked to the correct question answers? Did I remember to put page numbers on the report? Is the report too long? Oh no, what if the report is too SHORT? Did I remember to say not to iron bamboo yarn, it might burst into flame? Did I get the address correct? Did I get MY address correct?) ...with delivery confirmation.
  17. Sit in car, stunned that it's out of my hands at last.
This makes me laugh a LOT, because I've also got even OLDER lists that had me mailing everything during Week 26. Here it is, Week 48 - one month until everythin MUST be turned in, or I have to start all over again.

Hopefully, I'll actually finish up this week?? I mean, it's possible, right?

1 comment:

Your tracks here...