Monday, April 12, 2010

Future knitting (and lots of it!)

Okay, I started re-knitting swatches 1&2. Nothing really interesting to photograph there. I *really* need to get going on my swatch tags already. Maybe tomorrow, I'll bring in my copy of Stanley and get my page numbers. (I have, of course, lost track of my knitting notebook somewhere in my house.)

I did get my confirmation for the Knit & Crochet Show in July, so wheee!


I'll be at Master's Day, and I got into the following classes:
1. Measuring Gauge Accurately (Arenda Holladay)
2. Celtic Cables (Melissa Leapman)
3. Advancing Finishing (Margaret Fisher)
4. Tips, Tricks and Hints (Lily Chin)
That leaves all day Saturday to run around at the market! There's homework for each, which I figure I'll start about when I send in my Level 1 binder. Which will hopefully be sooner, rather than later. Sigh!

Also got a suddenly-came-open spot in Jared Flood's upcoming Girasole Crash Course at Fibre Space in Alexandria. While paying my invoice for the class, I accidentally bought enough Neighborhood Fiber Company yarn - in a lovely, vibrant orange - for the blanket version. Yarn, it follows me home. I decided on orange because I like it - even though, really, I should've gotten deep brown and bright yellow - "Girasole" means "Sunflower".

There are a lot of very, very lovely versions of this stole out there. A small sampling:


This one, in blue, is knitted (and shot) by KayRay


This one, photo & knitting by PatQ, uses a lovely variegated yarn.
I love that her blog title is "Not Now, I'm Counting!!!"



Here's the edging of the one knitted (& photographed ) by Woolgatherer
Click on the link above for more lovely photos of the shawl,
and - even better - a spreadsheet to track your progress!

You'll be hearing all about my progress after the class. Since next winter is supposed to be just as bad as this past one (darned Almanac!), I'll want a nice woolen blanket before then!

1 comment:

  1. Your courses sound great!

    Don't tell me about another record breaking cold and snowy winter or my husband will leave me.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...