Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ravelympics has begun!

Well, I'm doing Ravelympics - I'm a co-captain of TeamResolutions2010. I wish I'd realized there was going to be an "unraveling" event, because I totally would've waited to unravel my sweater until then! What sweater, you ask? Well, long, long ago, my cousin wore a sweater-vest with a cute little "Argyle hearts" motif:


So, I started one. (See this entry from November, 2008.)

But I wasn't really happy with it, so, in January this year, I unraveled it:


Then turned it into nice, happy little balls of yarn:


Once the torch was lit (I counted the first flame going up as "start"), I cast on the front right panel, and I've gotten pretty far. I also made some changes. First, the tiny heart in the diamond over the big heart on the bottom row of Argyle-type stuff is centered. You can see in the old one that it wasn't, and it looks better centered.


New


Old

I'm just shy of the first armhole decreases now, and the left front should go MUCH more quickly, since I won't be trying to figure out the pattern as I go.


Don't know if I'll finish, now that I have to be back at work all day, but I'm going to have fun trying!

2 comments:

  1. You've made good progress so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize that abdomen!

    Wow, you've made tons of progress - I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...