Friday, February 26, 2010

Wherein I knit four hats, and wind up with none...

Well, first there was this hat:


It's an OK hat, and about right, but a little too tall, and the k3tog decreases were UGH-ly. So, I knit this hat:


The decreases (all p3tog) work much better, but the shape is wrong, wrong, wrong. So, I unraveled it, and knit this hat:


Lovely! It worked! Yay, hat! My mother, however, decided it was hers. I told her it wasn't, and unraveled the first hat, and knit this hat instead.


She decided she liked it better, so the brown hat (#3) is mine, and the grey hat (#4) is Mom's. Or the brown hat is Mom's, and the gray one is my husband's.


Now I need a hat. If you need a hat, too, I've put up the pattern HERE. Eventually, I'll figure out how to get a *.pdf file uploaded to Ravelry, and it will be there, too, but for now, the print-the-*png file method will have to do.

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

  1. Always the way,hope they enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one confusing cycle of hats.

    Hats always lead to ruin.

    Life lesson of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that how it usually happens. You knit something for yourself, it catches the eye of someone else and you lose it. At least you know the hats are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...