Friday, February 19, 2010

This sweater is starting to FEEL like a downhill race (complete with crashes)


By Wednesday night (about the time they finally showed Shaun White's 2nd run), I finished the left front of the Argyle Hearts Sweater, and got the right front cast on.


Basically, to have a prayer of finishing this sweater in time to get a medal, I need to have the left front done tonight, and the back done by the end of Sunday. As we all know, sleeves take much longer than they should, and then there's the button band and the collar. And the finishing. AIIIIGH!

Anyway, there's a chance I might do it, but it's going to kill my WIP Dancing entry. Sweater OR Blanket; not both. (I'm really grumbling a lot, just so you know, that the snow week was LAST week, not THIS week, when I really need the time for my knitting.)

Anyway, did get another spectacular finish this week, a wedding sampler (that's going to be a wedding pillow) that's 12 years and another marriage overdue, but by gosh, she wanted it finished, and it FINALLY is. Will be finding time (??) to actually create the pillow-ness of it over the weekend, and will use the extra velvet (if any there be) to do up JJ's Scots Santa ornament. But that's going to need a day all to itself, since it turned out lovely. (Portions of the sampler will be redacted to protect the innocent, of course.)

I leave you, then, with an introduction to this year's Winter Olympic Mascots:


2 comments:

  1. Aw, I hadn't seen the mascots yet! Which is really strange now that I think about it, as I have watched literally every minute of NBC Olympic coverage so far.

    Also, to me you're beyond impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...