Monday, February 8, 2010

Scots Santa - weave your own plaid!

Yes, For now, a bit of the Scots Santa. As soon as I saw the canvas, I knew I wanted to use velvet for the jacket (see the arm) and something shiny - in this case, the Vineyard Silk Shimmer - for the bag, and - for a really amazing, fun effect - weave a real plaid. So, here's how I started. It actually does involve weaving with the needle - think of it as a sharp, pointy shuttle.



While the sash is at a 45-degree angle (thank you, CC who painted it, wherever you are!), the skirt is horizontal-vertical, so I just went with that. Here's most of the red set up:


More later!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I can't wait to see more. You are making me want to pick up some cross stitch but it is too cold to sit on the balcony where the lighting is better and the lighting in my apt stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute! Can't wait to see it when you are finished. It's been so long since I have even looked at my cross stitch "stuff".

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...