Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm back...

You may have noticed - I've been off-line for well over a week. Sorry for the break (and I was doing SO well with the posting every day thing!), but I'm back now. I started three projects while I was gone: the 30 Rabbits in 30 Days, which stalled out once I got really sick last week (I've got... um... five rabbits in ten days?), a NaNoNovel, "The Rabbit Knitter" (title selected by my writer friends from a poll of possibles), and a really bright sweater.

Rabbits:


Really. Um. They're in the bag, under these skeins of Alpaca...


Novel: here


Sweater, requires some explanation. My cousin, at some point during the last week, wore a really cool argyle-ish sweater vest, where the argyle wasn't all diamonds, but hearts:

. I decided I wanted something like it. I looked in my stash room and found cream, black, and red - but no pink. (I HAD to have pink, for some reason, for the red-white/black-pink version.)

Didn't find it. So, found OTHER yarn, from when I was going to make a technicolor plaid sweater... which I hadn't started... and, oooo, there was enough to make an argyle hearts sweater.

So, here it is after two days:


And here it is this morning:


The second picture is much truer to the actual colors. (And yes, I tend to dress so that the Diplomats driving around my office can't say they didn't see me, at least. Then they get sent home in disgrace, which isn't quite like doing time for vehicular manslaughter, but they get sent away.)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my site earlier. I love the sweater you are working on. I will venture into intarsia one day. Have a great day and visit my little world again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! The colors are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and it will match your socks and purse.Welcome back, I missed your post.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...