Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy Weekend.

Busy weekend, with a lot accomplished, some of it actually yarn-related.

Friday night, wound up the last ball of Gaia Lace, colorway The Gorge. I got four for SotS-II, and the third ball is rapidly dwindling. On the other hand, I will probably have enough left over for a pretty SotS-II headscarf!


On Saturday, on the way to play with friends in the morning, we were running about forty-five minutes early, and since traffic on the Interstate was, per the Radio Traffic Guy, "horrible", I finagled a stop at In Stitches near Woodlawn Plantation (hey, it's on Route 1, we were going down Route 1...). They're the LNS locally that *always* has Noro yarns, and Friday, I was seduced by the Yarn Harlot's post about The Noro Scarf. That's Brooklyn Tweed's Noro Scarf, and after you click on the link and drool a bit at the loveliness of said scarf. I don't want a six-foot scarf, actually - so I just got two balls of yarn.


I'm going to cheat a Mobius strip scarf, without actually making a Mobius scarf. I'm going to... GRAFT. Yes, you said it. But why would I do such a thing, when I've successfully Mobius-ed before? Because I also got THESE:


Yes, I finally broke down and got my own pair of Lantern Moon needles, which I've wanted for a while. Darned store had them RIGHT as you go in, a whole rack, and these pretties were in the size called for by the yarn. I must obey the yarn, right?

Also, during the various events on Saturday, and most of Sunday afternoon/evening, I was doing things, socializing, and catching up on my Thirty Rabbits in Thirty Days. I cast on #15 this morning, so I'm only a little bit behind, and should be caught up by the end of "How I Met Your Mother" tonight. No, I haven't actually made any into rabbits just yet, but I have faith it will work.


And then, on the way into work this morning, I walked past the Gap, and they had this in the window:


I'll be investigating THAT at lunch, because as Argyle goes, pink-and-orange really IS me. (And that way I'll have an Argyle sweater to wear this year, because we all know I'm not finishing the other one any time soon!)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that Noro scarf is calling me, too. But it's gonna have to wait until I finish the sweaters - I have one on the needles for Jacob that I'm trying to finish before he grows out of it, and another for Mike that I've been promising him since he started at AAA and we found out that the building has no insulation. (Why would you need insulation in Florida? Because it does TOO get cold here!)

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...