Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Commenting... on comments.

First, there was a bit of waiting yesterday, so I had a chance to about double the amount of Noro Mobius Scarf I've done:


Second, our area got the first light flurries of the season yesterday. (I didn't actually see them, but there were reliable news reports and some video, so I'll believe it happened.) The little plants in our yard, however, clearly didn't get the "it's winter now!" message:


DAILY RABBIT COUNT: 21, due to an insane flurry of Rabbit Knitting last night, that ended far too late, but got me two days further ahead than I thought.

And now, for something completely different: Now, for the tag part. Cathy tagged me on a recent blog post, so now it's my turn. I'm to comment about the last ten persons who commented on this blog. I'm not going to tag anyone (you can play along if you wish), but it's been fun actually going back through my entries and seeing who's been commenting. I very much appreciate you all stopping in! (And pardon me if I'm shocked because more than 10 people have commented here in the last month...!)

So here we go:
  1. Liz is a longtime friend in the real world, even though she lives far away. I actually met her through her husband, whom I've known even longer... back to the 80's, I think. They own a lot of my cartoons. She's an amazing metalworker, great mom, and all-around fun girl. Eventually, I will get to the RIGHT part of Florida *and* remember to call first...
  2. Cindy is my favorite quilter. Seriously, look through her quilt page, she does beautiful stuff! I own one of her bags (it's orange, of course!). I found her on LiveJournal, and have been following her around since. She's also the #1 commenter over here!
  3. DK is the fearless designer of the three Secret of the Stole stoles, one of which I've almost finished (trust me, that's some dedication on my part!), plus a fourth in the works (patterns are available for sale here, including the Civil War Shawl by Suzanne Pufpaff). Keep checking http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secretofthestole-iv - it's going to be opening up early next year (I believe), and it's TOTALLY worth it to be in on one of these lovelies!
  4. I just started reading Kar's blog recently. I found her through another blog - someone had dropped by Kar's blog, and she'd thanked them very sweetly in that other blog's comments, and thanked them for explaining the "magic loop". So I decided to drop by her blog and say "hi", too!
  5. Kim has a visually fun blog. Its colors and layout change with some frequency, and there are lots of dog photos. I'm allergic to most furry creatures, in person, but I love seeing them, and wishing that "allergy to fur" hadn't been one of those things that went along with me getting older! (She just got an adorable new puppy, too...). She knits, she spins, she does it all! And she finishes stuff. A lot. Every time I'm not sure if I'm ever going to finish (X), I wander to her blog and look at all the pictures of finished things, thus reassuring myself that finishing is, in fact, possible!
  6. Cathy tagged me. This is all her fault. We know each other from the Virginia Knits blog, which I think was an offshoot of Virginia knitters that were doing one of the SotS knitalongs, and has morphed into a great community for Virginia crafters. We legal chix need to stick to gether. (Yes, three puns in one sentence. I live for that kind of stuff.)
  7. Claire and I found each other on a Stitching Knitters yahoo group, and have followed each other over to Ravelry. Or did we find each other on LiveJournal? Y'know, it's been so many years at this point, I can't remember! I tend ot think of her primarily as a stitcher, since she does stuff like Teresa Wentzler's 'The Castle'. I have the pattern, but I haven't started it yet. Or maybe I have, and I've just forgotten? She's one of the few people who's allowed to nag me about how many UFOs I have. (The answer, as of today, is 67.)
  8. M is my cousin, and will probably kill me for stating this fact publicly. But I have, so there! She can't stop me! BWAAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA!
  9. I stumbled across Alex's blog somehow, and I'm so glad I did! (Not just because she sent me orange fluff to turn into my very own hat, either...) She is *so* creative. She does her own embroidery of some really unusual things, making beauty from things you wouldn't expect. A M9 handgun, done in redwork. Lungs, embroidered. Supersocks. Also, she's forgiven me for introducing her husband to Bacon Salt.
  10. I think I found Lynnio's blog because of her Fla-vor-Ice Cozy, which, let me tell you, is something I desperately, desperately needed as a young child growing up in Georgia. (Yeah, for just two years, but...) Nothing, I mean NOTHING, feels as cold in August in Atlanta as grabbing a fresh Fla-Vor-Ice or Otter Pop out of the freezer! Anyway, I'm glad Cathy tagged me, because I *thought* I'd added L to my list of blogs to read, but I hadn't (?) - but now I have! (I can't comment there because I'm not a Wordpress-er, but I read it all!)
  11. Finally, Jo of Celtic Memory Yarns dropped by. (Eeek, a internet knitting celebrity!) She's based in Ireland, and I just love reading her blog. It's always full of photos - people, history, geography, sheep, yarn... all sorts of loveliness from across the pond. Even if she's not going far from home, her entries are like wonderful windows into a fairy world full of color and fleece and fun. Which, as it's Ireland, seems appropriate!
And, once again, just because I love it so much, my Favorite Knitting Photo:



2 comments:

  1. Flurries is good, if I see them and they melt IMMEDIATELY. :D IMO, snow is for Christmas cards. I need to see the rabbits, you know I'm visual. The tag thing was kewl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJ, you are such a peach. You are always leaving the best comments on my blog. It's almost as if you have ESP to know when to pick people up.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...