Friday, November 21, 2008

TGIF. Seriously!

Cindy wanted to see the rabbits... which, right now, make up 23 6"x6" squares (although the "Chocolate Rabbit" out of chenille is actually about 10"X10"). This is not such the exciting picture. (And, yeah, I was only able to stay awake for One Bunny last night.) However, here's the link to a photo of a finished Bunny, which, incidentally, leads to the pattern as well.

Here is proof that I do actually get to knit at my desk every so often... although today, I'm just too tired to do so more than two rows. Sad, no?


Having three separate projects has the appearance of keeping me out of trouble (mostly - ignore the two balls of Feza "Cyprus Mohair" that followed me out of Stitch D.C. Tuesday night), so I think I'll keep going with it. Looking at my Ravelry projects, I need something that doesn't travel well as Couch Project, something nonboring for the Commuting Project, and something mindless for the Waiting Project. So, a break-down of which is what is needed:

Couch ProjectCommuting ProjectWaiting Project
Peacock Scarf.
(beads involved)
Forget-Me-Not ShawlNinja Armwarmers
(if on circs only)
Titania CardiganTiger Eyes ShawlKoigu Scarf
Argyle Hearts SweaterFTSC-1-III Socks   

You'll note that I'm assuming that I'm going to finish the current three projects (SotS-II, 30 Rabbits, and the Noro Mobius) by the end of the month, or sooner, and will need new projects to concentrate on. HA!!! Well, actually, I *have* to finish SotS-II over the weekend. I've reserved the floor of the main conference room at work all day Wednesday, so I can use the (carpeted) floor to block it! There isn't a space in my house, other than my bed, that would work for blocking something this size, and my husband has put his foot down about "pins" and "bed". And this isn't the order I'll be using, either... for example, if I *do* finish SotS-II, then the next commute project is finishing the FTSC-I-3 socks, before the first of the FTSC-II socks arrives. (Yeah, yeah, I never even started FTSC-I-2, but I finished I-1, so there.)

For the crocheters out there, first, a VERY cool hat made by D here at work:


and now,
a quick joke from Kodi on Ravelry:

               A man and woman were married for more than 60 years. They shared everything, they talked about everything. They kept no secrets from each other but one: the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.
               For sixty years, the little old man never thought about the box, but one day his wife got very sick, and the doctor said she would not recover. While sorting their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed: it was time for him to know what was in the box.
               When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $95,000. He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, "my grandmother told me: 'the secret of a happy marriage is to never argue.' She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll."
              The little old man was so moved - he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box! She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness!
               "Honey," he said, "that explains the doll, but what about all of this money - where did it come from?"
              "Oh," she replied, "that's the money I made from selling the dolls."


1 comment:

Your tracks here...