Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Swatching away...

Cast on for my Basics, Basics, Basics Lesson #2 yesterday morning, and as of the end of the train ride *this* morning, this is what I have:


Swatches 1-5

It's going well, I think. My swatches look about as wonky at this stage as the others I've seen on line, and I'm able to tell them apart by the stitches I did. I had to learn a new cast-on - the thing I was using as a long-tailed cast-on looked lovely (the same on both sides, which I thought was the point), but was looser than an actual long-tailed cast on, and didn't have the bumpy side/smooth side distinction required. So, after a lot of trial and error and practice, I now have an actual long-tailed cast-on. (PS, I still like mine better, but I'll use this one when I'm told to do so.)

I have three more swatches left, then the blocking, tagging and writing-up-of-answers to the Swatch Questions. This time, I'm trying to answer the questions as I go, and once my eight little swatches are done, I'm blocking THAT NIGHT, whenever that night is. Those are the two things that gave me an almost three-month turnaround time with Lesson #1, and I'd really like to avoid that this time. Especially since there ARE time limits on the Master Levels, so I've got to learn to work quickly, neatly, and with focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...