Monday, April 13, 2009

Star Tam is finished!

Today: Finished Object!! Finished Object!! I finished the Star Tam (my take on the still-elusive Midnight Sun Tam pattern, which I WILL track down, dagnabit!!)!


Topside



Bottomside

I wish the bottom picture worked better. I tried a lot of stuff (short of breaking out the big camera, which I may have to do) to show the medallions - yeah, there are actually crosses surrounded by circles there, but they're tough to see. Bottom left corner of this photo is probably the medallion that's most visible for what it is. Sigh. I've still got to weave my ends (works better for me in colorwork if everything is the size it should be already), but, despite there being about thirty ends, they're all in roughly the same place, so it should go quickly. It's blocking indoors in front of the gentle-vent, and should be dry by the time I get home tonight. I already tested the fit pre-blocking, and it's super! I have another pretty hat!!

What Could Have Been Yesterday's Entry:

Okay, it's finished! It's finished!! Here's the view from the top, as flat as I can get it:


. . . and here's the view of the side.


It's still kinda squished looking, so hopefully blocking will take care of that. I'm still tickled at how well the periwinkle un-stranded stuff works for the wavy-at-the-edge motif. It was a four-stranded worsted; I un-stranded/untwisted to two strands, and that about matched the size of the rest of the yarn, sort of. The Sea Sock is a bit thinner than the Baby ULL, but by playing with gauge a bit, I think I got everything to work. We'll see when I block it all.

What Should Have Been Friday's Entry:

Okay, I've gotten the Star Tam to the Outer Limit, and I'm now on the "underside" of the hat-part, working my way back in to fewer stitches. Here's where it was Wednesday evening:


The part I really really wish I had the pattern for is the placement of the increases and decreases, but I kinda figured out something that worked. I'm going to do as much as I can on this hat tonight, hopefully (maybe?) getting up to the end of the giant crosses, because Saturday and Sunday, the only knitting I'm allowed is for my TKGA class. (This didn't actually happen, since I finished the Tam on Sunday - but my classwork has begun, and thus far, I've almost mastered not getting my fingers confused for the German method of the real long-tail cast-on.)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

5 comments:

Your tracks here...