Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Deconstruction and Not

Okay, tomorrow is the end of April. I have two projects that I could "finish" before the end of April, which would bring my average Finished Object per Month ratio up by a whole bunch. One of them is my Fan & Feather Easter Scarf, which (1) I didn't finish by Easter and (2) could be half again as wide and still be a decent length, and thus much prettier. If you think I frogged it, you're correct!


Before


During


After

The second is a little Partridge in a Pear Tree canvas/ornament I found in the $5 bin at Needlewoman East just after Christmas. (PS, check out their site! It's New!! The Shore Bird Studio trunk show is coming through in May - I'm going to have to check that out!) Tuesday night, realizing The End Was In Sight (ie, I've only got the never-ending Continental stitch of the background to finish up), I pulled the little baby out, Determined To Finish It. Here it is early Tuesday evening:


... and here it Wednesday after lunch, since I finally gave up and realized that if I was going to finish it, I'd have to carry it around all day and stitch at my desk a lot:


What's that? You noticed that it's finished? Yep, it is. And no, I don't seem to sleep any more, it's all about the Finishing Spree!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...