Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I like books wherein the characters knit.

Fun Find of the Weekend: Elizabeth Lenhard's Chicks with Sticks books, a trilogy of Young Adult books about high school, growing up, and, of course, knitting. They're fun (I'm halfway through the second; I read the first yesterday)! Ms. Lenhard manages to capture teenage angst well (a bit of a trick with older authors sometimes), which gives me hope for my own books (set in that nowhere-time of The Summer After College Graduation). Side note - I think books should be read. I read books - young adult, old adult, whatever. I'm still amazed at the librarian that told me I "couldn't read" young adult books, because I was an adult. I'm wondering how the heck she became a librarian with an attitude like that!! Anyway, I found a set at my local library: you should see if yours has them, too!


Also, there's progress on the Star Tam. It's just not quite as fast now that I'm hitting 200 stitches per round!


Tomorrow: a fun new magazine!!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful Tam. Job well done. :) Sorry to hear about your favorite place closing up. That is always a bummer. :{

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...