Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Something to do when you're not knitting...

Having discovered that there's not a snowball's chance in Alice Springs that I'm ever going to make it to any of the four local Bollywood dance classes I've discovered, I must rely, once again, on my DVD player for help. The wondrous Hemalayaa has three new DVDs (new to me, anyway), which I found out about while reading the latest issue of "US" magazine this morning over breakfast. (Yes, I read gossip magazines. I like "US" and "Life & Style" best, since they're about trends and fashion as much as gossip, and have the best ads.) The blurb goes: "Known for her playful spirit, fitness star and yogini Hemalayaa leads sexy, sassy, fun workouts that get results and will make you smile." Well, if her previous offering is anything to go on, that's an accurate summary.


Now, I got her Bollywood Dance Workout at Ross for $5 - and it was money well spent. (Seriously, I wouldn't have minded paying full price for this DVD, which I can't say is true for many of my "finds" at Ross/Marshalls/TJMaxx.) It's the one at the back of the above photo; here it is so you can see it better:


She's also got a DVD, Dance of the Kama Sutra, which you probably wouldn't want to play with your parents in the room (but they'd just be embarassed, not horrified). "If the Kama Sutra conjures images of rubber-limbed Indian gods and goddesses in improbable poses, think again. An exciting new way for women to get into shape and cultivate their sensuality hits the shelves on 24th September with the fantastic Dance Of The Kama Sutra With Hemalayaa, a brand new DVD which uses meditation and playful movements taken from traditional Indian dance," says one reviewer. Hm. May be worth picking up a copy of this, too!

2 comments:

  1. Sigh, while that does sound fun, I have no faith that I would actually do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So have I told you lately how much I enjoy reading your Blog & figured it was time to comment. What is up with that...guess I was just stalking..so sorry.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...