Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Things Made from Wool!

I went in to the Great Building of Fiberly Competition. There was so much to see that I hadn't realized there were lovely woven things overhead until I saw this first photo at home!


The craftsmanship & artistry on pretty much EVERYTHING in the room was stunning. I mean - that's a Starmore Henry VIII right there [I think - it's a Starmore, for sure!] - and it didn't get 1st. (My mind boggles. It was amazing!)

There were other amazing sweaters, too, and more!


And all manner of things - this lovely rug, for example.


Some were whimsical and fun (I have to make one of those fish hats for my dad).


Others were just beautiful. (I'll be making one of these shawls, or something really similar to it!)


There was felting, knitting, crochet, weaving, punchneedle, upholstery, toys, paintings, drawings, photos... a whole room full of evidence of MAD skillz!

I think my favorite piece, though was this spider - she's knitting, spinning and weaving all at the same time. Which, really, is what spiders do...!


(Yeah, I'm looking forward to next year already!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...