Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quidditch Round 3: Animal Crackers WITH FLAMES

Um... so CoMC hasn't actually gotten started just yet, but I know what I'm making. Hopefully, that'll be for tomorrow's post. Today, it's all about Quidditch Round Three - which is to make an Animal Crackers hat (that's the pattern name). There's a "yarn barf" contest in the Snake Pit to see who can make the ugliest one of these, but I couldn't find the full range of my high-contrast eyebleed yarns, and I'm not dealing with Fun Fur just now, so I went to what I usually have on hand: WITH FLAMES colors. This time, I added orange. I'm only doing the hat in four colors (or three colors and black, which to get really picky, is an absence of color entirely), but figured out if the earflaps are black, it all works. (And the red is near my face, and it's one of my Best Colors, etc.) So, the progress:

Tuesday, 6:45 a.m.
Tuesday, 4:30 p.m.
(lots of under-the-desk knitting happened)
Wednesday, 7:05 a.m.
(carpool)
Paperclips can be used
in place of yarn needles
12:15 p.m. at desk
Still needs tassels
And at 1:55 p.m.
It's a HAT!
I really wish you could see how
flourescentthe colors really are...!

So, I just need to do CoMC tonight/tomorrow, and then I've got the weekend free to do nothing but my OWLs. WOOHOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...