Monday, May 23, 2011

Is the world still here?

If you're reading this, either (a) the world didn't end/Rapture didn't happen on Saturday, or (b) it did, and there's some irony going on. Anyway, forgot my second class in last Friday's project drop... For Ancient Runes:
Name: CraftyGryphon, Fourth Year
House: Slytherin
I chose *Option 2 - Craft something that could serve as a shibboleth, that is, something that proves membership in a particular group.* The group I chose is the noble House of Slytherin, and I made this stylish braided wristband in House colors. (Yardage: 26 yards of Green Heather Wool-Ease; 31 yards of Vanna's Glamour (extra rows needed to "match up" the thinner yarn).)

You see, sometimes, showing support of a particular group is just about fashion. It's trendy, it's the in thing. All the cool kids are doing it.


Sometimes, it's all about attitude. And it's not just about showing support - it's showing you belong.


Thanks, professors! This was fun, quick, and seems to be permanently affixed to my wrist. I Belong.
And I'll be doing a lot with the faux-cable braid thing. It's really fast, and it looks COOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...