Thursday, May 19, 2011

Quidditch Round #1


So, last Friday started the Quidditch season at HPKCHC. Our first match was against Gryffindor, and the weapons were Snitches. Each player can contribute one snitch to the tally. Knitting or crocheting could commence on the 13th (no earlier!), so, at 6:47am I took a photo of my supplies.


In the car, I wasn't able to start right away. The yellow yarn needed to be unraveled from the filet crochet practice thing I was making - so that happened; then I was able to get about half the snitch-body done before the ride ended. After four days of HORRID traffic, of course this commute took almost no time. Sigh.




Then, at breakfast, I was able to get the body done... and discovered that my scissors are in my other bag.



So, I got to my desk, and being unattended and unsupervised (and able to go through my e-mails whilst crocheting), I finished the body, then did the two wings and attached them.






Then, it was a case of finding a good background. I ended up going with the "in the clouds" shot for the turn-in post photo.




Once that was done, and deemed good, I stitched on a quick happy face. And now, my little Happy Snitch is sitting on my speaker, watching me work.



So, 15 points for Slytherin, and a cute little Happy Snitch for me!!

(The Second Round started yesterday, so I'm hard at work on that. Wish me luck!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...