Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Startitis: the true first sign of Spring!

So, it's spring, and there wasn't a chance in heck that I wasn't going to start a new project. I found a ball of something - it's cotton and silk, and I've already lost the ball band, so I have no idea who made it! - at In Stitches a few weeks back, and some lovely new Lantern Moon needles. (I love these needles, it's my second pair. I blame having new needles for having to start something.) Since there was just the one ball, and (I vaguely recall) it was something along the order of 400yds, that's not enough for really anything other than a scarf. So, scarf it is! Plus, since I had to figure out feather & fan crochet (which required feather & fan knitting, then translating over) for Liz's baby blanket, I'd been itching (er. Bad choice of word, since the allergy testing...) to start a feather & fan something. So, here it is with George:


George with Feather & Fan Scarf

... and here's a closer shot so you can kinda see it:


Yeah, better pictures needed, once there's more of it. Also, Deb at work got me these lovely little stitch markers!!


Pretty!!!

Of course, I'm gonna have to start something new *again* so I can use these, right? . . . Right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh the scarf is going to be beautiful! Very pretty stitch markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is short, start as many projects as you want!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...