Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Miscellany

Oooo! Sarah Leigh, who owns The Scarlet Thread, has joined the blogiverse! RemedialStitcher is her new blog. Go say "hi"!!

In case you missed it on Lime & Violet, there's a nifty little site out there called Clearance Craft and Hobby Books. Which is exactly what it sounds like. Books, but for Le$$!!

In the land of allergies, I survived my first shots, and the new dosing level of loratadine (the generic of Claritin) meant that I sat on the rug of my friend-with-cats-and-dog's house for two hours with NO symptoms. This is a good thing. In the land of Verizon, I got to spend about an hour on the phone AGAIN (it's becoming a weeky thing) trying to get my bill straightened out AGAIN. A nice woman named "Ms. Nelson" who, in my opinion, doesn't get paid enough, tried really, really hard to fix everything. Hopefully it worked, because I'm pretty much out of patience with the phone company at this point.

In the land of knitting (which is, after all, why you're here), Progress was made.

Sort of.

See, I needed my 12" size 1 addi circulars to switch off the DPNs on the Serenity Blanket (this is BettyLovesYarn's version - pretty!). They were, as of Friday night, living in my Fisherman and His Wife Socks, Socks #2 from Sanguine Gryphon's Fairy Tale Sock Club #1. So, I had to finish up the leg of the sock that needed a leg finished. Thus, I did. So, the 12" needles went into the Serenity Blanket... and I knitted. A lot. Switched up to size 2, 16". Knitted more. Now switched up to size 4, 20" , which will be the final needle size, but not length - because now I'm using my Addi Clicks (this Earthsong Fibers link has the best photos - click on "larger image" to see)!! That means I just have to switch out cords as my blanket grows more, which is the entire point of mulitpoint cabled needles, right? I just haven't had something to use them on like this before, so I'm very excited. So far, I am LOVING these needles. I'm a fan of Addi Turbos, anyway, but this is just like Extra Bonus Goodness. And the blanket is coming along very nicely. See?


Colors here truer than in previous photo

I'm probably going to have to get more yarn, since a whole lot of knitting hasn't resulted in all that much blanket as yet. I'm thinking coordinating colors, with some green mixed in. Need to find a Purled Llama Dulce seller hereabouts to see if there's anything that would work nicely. Depending on how it goes, it's possible that there might be two color changes... which might look just as pretty, or even prettier... two colors for the blankie, another for the edging? Just as long as it stays being pretty fall colors.

Back to the Fisherman and His Wife Socks, mentioned before. So, now I've done both legs, and I'm up to the heel. Not ONLY did it take an hour of digging through my freshly-reorganized stash to find the other three colors of yarn I need for the dratted socks, but I left the pattern at work. AT WORK. So despite feeling very much like digging into this very cool checkerboard-looking heel, I had no clue what to do next, so I had to stop.

And in future startitis incidents, I should be getting a call today from Nature's Yarns to see if they can order me a copy of the Midnight Sun Tam from Simply Shetland. As soon as I have my paws on that pattern, I'm STARTING THAT SUCKER!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a whole lot of knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what's the wip count? I need an update. The Serenity Blanket is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...