Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Surprise Rabbiting

I really want to join the Hazel Knits 2009 Sock Club, but I just plain can't justify it, when I haven't finished the socks from my first sock club (Sanguine Gryphon's Fairy Tale Sock Club I) and the socks from the second (SG FTSC-II) are already shipping. But the yarn looks so pretty, and I've been really really good and have paid off the roof loan, and my credit card, and we're working on the other credit card... *sigh*. I'll think about it. But gosh, it's pretty yarn...

Gave my mom an early birthday present (because otherwise, she'd be expecting things) - her Peter Rabbit Bunny.


It was a big hit! She counted to make sure there were five little brass buttons on the jacket - thankfully, I'd hit the right number of little brass buttons purely by chance. ("It's authentic," she said with a nod.)

Discovered, much to my amusement, that my cousin's bff is a knitter, and has a knitblog with lots of fun knitting pictures (and other crafts, kinda like this one). If I'd found it without knowing the blogger had a connection to my cousin, I wouldn't think twice about adding the blog as a regular read, but I don't want to be seen as all prying or spying and stuff. Woe. One must consider the tender feelings of the younglings and not freak them out. (But it's nifty crafty stuff all the same.)

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA, dear goodness, how I wish people were stalking me. (it's the narcissism)

    ReplyDelete
  2. but I can add the blog ... who is it?! I love a good knitting blog...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your mom loved her bunny as much as I loved mine. Great job putting a smile on Mom's face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello... Megan told me you found my blog. I certainly don't mind if you follow it! :) Just a disclaimer, I am a beginning knitter- I learned in college from a roommate- so my projects tend not to be all that interesting. But I would love to have more readers!!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...