Friday, January 2, 2009

... and In With The New

Ah, the new year has begun. First, the stats on the old year: In 2008, I finished 50 projects, leaving me to start the year with 56 projects. I started 46 projects during the year, and finished 37 of those, leaving nine 2008 projects to carry into 2009, where they will join 47 older projects. Really, finishing 50 things in one year really isn't all that bad - that's an average of one a week, with two weeks off for vacation.

To start 2009, I was a good bunny, and did NOT start a project on January 1 just because it was January 1. I started a new project because that's what I DO. I actually blame December 30 for this, because that's when the following Yarn Accident occured:


It's a ball of Lorna's Laces in pretty-colorway-with-my-coat's-green-in-it, and some complimentary soft grey/brown mix - and then two MATCHING skeins of sock yarn, which is actually glove yarn. Think of it as another Noro Mobius Neckwarmer and Matching Fingertipless Gloves. Because that's what it's going to be. And see, it's getting close to done already:


Of course, I also started that scarf for my husband out of knitty.com, Danica, with this stuff I bought during a much earlier Yarn Accident:


Pics of that NEXT week once it looks all spiffy and entrelac-y!!

2 comments:

  1. The yarn is beautiful! I think finishing 50 projects is outstanding. You deserve the What a WOman (WOW) award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellant! You really did out do yourself. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...