Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Almost a Snow Day, Part II

Last night, my mom surprised me with something she'd picked up at a book sale:


Quilts Galore! by Diana McClun and Laura Nownes

I was really, really hoping today would be a Snow Day, so I could stay home and read it - but the Federal government rarely closes down, so it just took an extra two hours to get to work. I was almost an hour late - despite leaving two hours early:


approaching this bus stop, just before 5:30 a.m.
It's a half-hour walk in ice like this!

Luckily, I know the sun will be back soon. Until then, look at this pretty picture of balloons that were trapped in a tree on January 21st, the day after the Inauguration:


Still wish I could've stayed home and read the quilting book.

2 comments:

  1. You are much braver than me. Even when I was in the military (USAF) I worked for a CMSgt that would call us at home and tell us he wasn't driving in the mess so he better not hear of any of us coming in. Loved that man! Have another cup of hot chocolate and kick back in the comfy chair at work for an extra few minutes. You deserve that girl!! Have a safe trip home and curl up when you get there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that's not a fun trip at all. I'm home for the day and knitting. I wish you were home reading. I agree with Kar, prop your feet up and hide out for a few minutes longer.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...