Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Knitting Guild Association

Oh! Last Friday, I joined The Knitting Guild Association! Year membership (with issues of Cast On included), signed up for the "Basics, Basics, Basics!" course, and, because they were available, got pins. (I mean, really. I collect pins. Once I saw they had pins, I *had* to join.) My official Membership Card and Stuff was waiting in my inbox on Monday - yay!

In completely unrelated news, in case you were wondering what a quarter-ton of yarn looks like, here are 12 boxes of "One Pound" skeins. Each box holds 40 skeins. That's 480 pounds, which is just shy of 500 pounds. Quarter-ton of yarn.


(No, this is NOT in my house!!!)

Also, every been curious as to what, exactly, is in the center of a ball of perle cotton? Turns out, it's this:


My friend M is stitching a lovely hardanger altar cloth... and she's gone through at least one entire ball of white perle cotton. I've never done anything big enough to need that much... did I mention ALTAR CLOTH??



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...