Wednesday, February 22, 2012

High-Visibility Owls

Got an unexpected badge for Detention this month (the One Fish, Two Fish)! If I'd been paying more attention, I would've seen that there were badges in addition to the 10 points, but I wasn't, so it was a really nice surprise.


I also got this badge:


... for making a Highly-Visible Owl Cup Cozie. (Yep, I had a small ball of high-visibility yellow sock yarn that I scored... years ago, with the plan to make something Usefully Visible out of it. And since I keep losing the cup cozies I make, this just seemed PERFECT.) Also works as a wrist cozy!

And then, to my surprise and delight, I recieved the coveted Truly Terrifying badge for my Tale of Knitterly Horror:


The tale that goes with it is just Too Scary to relate here. A fairisle sweater purposely unraveled by the recipient was involved.

*shudder*

2 comments:

  1. Why in the world would someone unravel a fairisle sweater? That's horrible.
    Also, yeah, my New Years' resolution is a hard one, they both are. But my boyfriend has mandated the yarn diet, because I have three giant rubbermade containers and a laundry hamper full. And as for the not casting on things, I hadn't done anything with the shawl I'm working on now for over a year, after having done one repeat. So it's time to get some things finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest of Scarf of Doom for using up weird leftover scraps quickly. You're only "allowed" to spend 2.5h on it, and use the biggest needles you have. I got some of the "I'm never using this, and no one would want it" stuff - and it actually turned out really fun!

    (Plus, using up scraps helps with the whole "See, I'm Working From My Stash!" thing, so the diet can end faster.)

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...