Monday, November 14, 2011

And I can put my hair up with DPNs!

For the third task for the Yule Ball, we needed to make a Wearable Item. I made a nice won't-muss-your-dress-or-hair neck cozy. (Please note I was actually able to put my hair up with DPNs - it's long enough again!)


It can be fastened by a decorative brooch or shawl pin - or, if you're a knitter, an emergency DPN.


It took all but four yards of a skein of Lion Brand Tweed Stripes (Lakeside colorway), and was very quick.


I made up the pattern as I went; I wanted something with a lot of texture, so went with alternating purl-filled diamonds. Yay for strange little cables that look cool!!


Of course, my little Phoenix, Chee-to, says it's really his entire outfit for the Yule Ball. He may be right; what do you think?


1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I love the way the colors came out in the cowl/neck cozy. Chee-to looks warm and comfy in his new wrap.

    Coordinating mittens/fingerless gloves would be awesome.

    As one who has had both long and short hair many times, congrats on putting up your hair! It's a milestone in the growing out phase. I don't think I'll ever go back to hair too short to put up as longer hair is easier to style for me and seems to be less maintenance.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...