Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stash Enhancement - Canvas Edition!

So, I took a long weekend, and, thanks to a card left on a pretty antique table at a local Historic House with Massive International Needlework Show, I was finally able to stop by Waste Knot Needlework in Arlington. Turns out, it's a pretty easy drive (as in "I could drive it myself"). Once inside the lovely, brightly-lit and colorful little shop, I found some lovely things that had to come home with me. My goal is to finish them all in 2011, thus ending the chain of lovely, unfinished (and frequently unstarted) canvases building up in my house.

First up, a Charley Harper canvas. I have a cross-stitch pattern for another Charley Harper squirrel. And a loon. And probably several other things; I like Charley Harper's style. Anyway, here's my canvas, and I can't wait to start it. (I will wait until after the end of term, which is Thursday.)


(One does wonder how the artist is dealing with Charlie Sheen's character having almost the same name.
I'm hoping at least some of the people looking for the character on-line stumble across the lovely artwork, and buy some.)

Then, I found a kimono. The background will be a pale mint green, the pinks will be the same tone, the silver will be a muted metallic, and the gold I'm actually going to do as laid-down goldwork. I can see it in my head; let's see if I can get it on the canvas.


The big discovery of the day was that LEE is once again making the leather wallet of the style I used to have. You see, when my little American Flag canvas wallet finally breathed its last, I stitched this:


Yes, my love of all things shiny and coppery is showing.

... only to discover that my wallet was DISCONTINUED. Well, not only did Waste Knot have the wallets, they actually had THAT CANVAS. So I know it will fit! They also had a lovely little fancy shoulderbag, which I'm going to do up to match the wallet. (Makes sense, right?)


Finally, remember my little "EEK" canvas? They had a "BOO" to match! Had to get that.




I got a few extra needles (since I'm always misplacing the ones I have), and all the black Very Velvet and most of the black Very Velvet Petite left in the store, but that was it for fibers. Because SOMEWHERE in my house, I have THIS:


... and really, I can't justify more fiber just because some got lost. And I'm pretty sure I know where it's all hiding, anyway.

But if not... well, at least I know where I can get some more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...