Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Well, it's *supposed* to be a lightsaber, anyway

For the final round of Challenge Quidditch this term, the promt was as follows:
Summary: When the spell opens the portal that brings the future selves, they each come through bearing gifts. The gifts are key items to help defeat the Snarfalumps. What was it you received from your doppelganger? Remember, all items must be 25 yards or more, and must be in a Ravelry-approved craft form. You will have 21 days to craft this object. You may start crafting at the sound of the whistle, 12:00 AM PSTon March 1st. All Challenge 3 projects must be posted by March 21st at 11:59 PST.
So, here it is. I've decided that making a red one... didn't quite work. If your mind lives in the gutter, you'll see what I mean; if it doesn't, that's fine, nevermind.


The orignal pattern has a very short, rounded, stubby blade, and I wanted to make a more tapered one - but the original design is REALLY much better, and for the next one I make, I will follow the pattern exactly. And not make it at 2 in the morning, either, which will probably give beter results for the handle, which is also a bit squiffy:


Yeah. So, a way overtired baby sith made this. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...