Friday, June 10, 2011

Yay, it's not bronchitis!!!

This has not been a good week, health-wise, but I've been cleared to go outdoors starting tomorrow - in small doses. I expect to be back to work next week, which is sooner than I was worried I'd be allowed back. (Had one of my friends call today to make sure I wasn't dying. Seriously. But it's a warm fuzzy feeling to know I've been missed.)

Anyway, in between bouts of hacking up a lung/sleeping for fifteen hours straight, I had enough energy to lie in bed and knit, so I got a major part of my DADA OWL out of the way. Here's my turn-in post, otherwise known as "everything I've done this week, except for hacking up lungs and sleeping a heck of a lot".
Hello, Professor. This is CraftyGryphon, Fourth Year Slytherin, turning in what I hope will be enough for a 50% OWL for Defense Against the Dark Arts. I had originally stated that "I was going to call the first 50% twelve swatches (because then there is still the hat in the second half), at least 12 completed questions (because at least four questions require finished swatches)." Thanks (??) to a wretched cold that yielded a lot of time where moving my forearms to knit was the extent of my physical activity, I was able to knit all sixteen swatches...



... and start The Dreaded Hat.



I expect I will need to re-knit the hat at least once (in the case that it does not block to the measurements required), and I plan to re-knit Swatch #15, "choose your own cable" swatch to make certain I've written the pattern for it correctly. I expected to have 12 of the 18 questions finished. I have eight completely done, with footnotes, and another two with blanks for citations. Of the remaining eight questions, four are partially completed, and four I'm just staring at with dread (the gauge/swatch comparison questions.)

I have a rough draft of my blocking report; it needs citations, and needs the section written on "how I blocked my swatches" - which isn't written yet because as you can tell from the photo, the swatches are not yet blocked.

Since I finished more swatches (and hat!) than expected, I am hoping this is enough to count as 50% for the DADA OWL. (I figured I would turn in to check, so that if I needed to make changes, I'd still have a few weeks to do so.)

Thanks for reading, Professor, and I hope this is enough work to qualify.
That's it, I'm going back to sleep now. Hopefully, regular blogging - and health - will resume next week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...