Monday, June 13, 2011

Little flag potholders!

My weekend, in cotton yarn:



For one of my Hallows, I'm giving a face to a faceless pattern, i.e., making this, without a photo: American Craft Yarn Council's American Flag Potholder. It's actually pretty cute. I need to use 300 yards at least for it to count - so at this point, I've used up an entire ball of red (120 yards) and I'm about to finish my first white (120 more yards). Since I really, really like making these, and they match my kitchen (no, really, they do), I'm just going to keep going until I've made as many as I can with the yarn I have in these colors. (With hopefully a little white left over, so I can do the stars. There are supposed to be "french knots for stars" - placement, I guess, will be up to me. I'm only doing ONE with all fifty stars (which will be 100 french knots, since I want it to be reversibel) - and that will be The One For The Picture on Rav. I'll do one with the thirteen colony stars, and maybeone with the 1812 flag (because I go by one every day on the Key Bridge - named for Francis Scott, he who couldn't have possibly seen a flag at a fort but hey, it's a great song, if impossible for normal people to sing). And then I'll make a few in washed-out muted tones, because it would be pretty. Most of them will not have stars, though, since the stars are a pain.

For another Hallows, I'm knitting something I've knit before, and making a bunch of my Pineapple Dishcloths. I don't know what I did with the first one - it's probably somewhere "safe" because it was my first actually GOOD pattern (yeah, there are two others, but they're just okay. The Pineapple Dishcloth is GOOD. Anyway, I want some, darnit! And the pattern is actually good - I have one so far, and will keep going until I get 300 yards' worth of Pineapple Dishcloths.

For the third Hallows, I'm making myself a cute little cotton tanktop, since I don't seem to actually own any tanktops (the Jessica Rabbit one from Hot Topic is a tanktop, but I shouldn't wear it to work). Well, wear-to-work tanktops, I guess. And I need to start getting more Vitamin D, which seems to involve actually baring more than my nose to the occasional sunbeam. Anyway, that's for tomorrow. I'd take a nap now, but I'm at work, and I'm trying REALLY hard to make it through a full day here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...