Thursday, April 21, 2011

Uniquities!

After hitting Aylin's Wool Gatherer, I hit the "Main Street" area of Vienna.

When & Where: Monday, April 11 - Uniquities

I first found Uniquities because the old Scarlet Thread (cross-stitch & needlepoint) used to be just up the street, and since I was there fairly often, it made sense to hit the nearby yarn store as well. (Not financial sense, mind you, but a logical sort of "well, I'm buying things anyway, might as well go!") If you click through to their webpage, there's a lovely bowl of Claudia Hand Paints Silk Lace just sitting there. Yes, this is where a lot of my Silk Lace stash comes from. And a lot of my knitting needles. There's a whole WALL of knitting needles. And patterns. And a whole room of yarn. And another whole room of yarn. And a hallway with more yarn. And buttons. (Not in the hallway, sorry.) Since I'd already bought some yarn and patterns earlier at Aylin's, I was Being Good and Just Looking For Stuff I Needed/Had Been Looking For.

Stop giggling. It could've happened.

Anyway, what I got was, in fact, a book I'd been looking for:


I took one of Margaret Fisher's classes at TKGAcon, and it was really, really helpful. I meant to get the book at the market then, but I think I opted for a sheep umbrella with the last of my cash instead. I also got one pattern - for the Southwest Shawl. One guess what my Russet Miss Babs laceweight yarn is gonna be...


I think I would've been okay with just that, except I looked at the yarn. Hence, the lovely little ball of silk on the left in the photo below. It's going to be a Wisp. Yes, I know, Wisp is supposed to be all about the mohair, but after the hell (lovely hell, yes, but hell) that was the Forget-Me-Knot shawl for my sister, I'm off mohair for a while. This lovely Kelly-green yarn will do just fine.


Even that would've been okay, except... next to the register... they had something I'd *almost* ordered from Lantern Moon, a something I actually needed. So, meet my new inside-the-door-really-get-that-mud-OFF-your-feet door mat. Her name is Gretchen. No, I don't know why, that's just her name.


I like her. She makes me smile every time I step into the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...