Thursday, April 28, 2011

In Stitches Needlework

And, finally, the last stop of my 2011 Yarn Crawl.

When & Where: Saturday, April 16 - In Stitches Needlework

Now, I knew two things headed into In Stitches: one, the cross-stitch and needlepoint things probably *weren't* going to be part of the yarn crawl; and two, all I really needed (that they had that other places didn't) was yarn to start stitching my Charley Harper squirrel canvas. So, got that. Because, you know, that was The Plan.


Then, since I was in the store, I looked at the New Things.


I like emery bags - and these little Stars & Stripes strawberries would be adorable, yes? And c'mon. The other chart - it's a SQUIRREL KNITTING. That had to come home with me. It's... A SQUIRREL. KNITTING.


I like Ink Circles, of course, but, as usual, I'll be unfaithfully rendering the designs with brighter metallics and jewel tones. Because I'm like that.

Then, this little Haunted House jumped out at me, so it got added to the pile, too.


The really sad thing? I went back the next week to get the Squirrel Colors I forgot (yes, my mental picture of the canvas was, in fact, inaccurate), and to find that the new Mirabilia Pirate Lady was back in stock. So, I got all that, too. In Stitches is a dangerous place for me, which is why I'm usually limited just to going after Woodlawn each year!!


1 comment:

  1. I really try to stick to my plan when I got to the crafts or supply store... never happens! The stars and stripes berries are really interesting. I've never seen anything like it. Off to do a yarn inventory! Have a great day! I look forward to seeing the Charley Harper.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...