Tuesday, April 19, 2011

But before the crawl, Miss Babs!

Whee, yarn happened - and other things, too! Last Monday, I had the day off - dentist (yay, I still have teeth) and plumber (boo, didn't show - how can an entire plumbing company call in sick, I ask you? I know they've got more than one guy), so, with the afternoon opened up, I was able to start my Yarn Crawl. (I'd not felt great over the weekend, which is why the first two days of the Crawl were un-Crawled by me. You know missing "yarn on sale" isn't natural.) But wait... some of the yarn I got last week won't make sense unless you see the yarn I got BEFORE then. You see, Fibre Space had a Miss Babs trunk show on April 2. I love Miss Babs yarn, you see, so HAD to go. I'd fallen in love with the "Russet" colorway, and had decided to get four skeins with which to knit my Rogue hoodie. (I had it half-done in acrylic, you may remember... and decided that NO, i was going to do it in wool. Plus, I'm much better at Celtic cables after taking Melissa Leapman's class at the TKGAcon last year.)

The Russet Yowza! was sold out (don't worry, it's on order), so, instead, I got (thanks to an unexpected gift certificate):

Some laceweight in Russet


Enough silver and green to make a $5 in Paris sweater


The remaining colors to make another pair of Winter Twilight Mitts, except with a sort of Winter Dawn and lots of lovely colors idea. And another skein of Russet Yummy Toes. Because I just love Russet as a colorway.


Of course, the silver and green up there is what's left after I started knitting a Slytherin House Crest bag as part of a between-terms knitalong. More on that next week (when, hopefully, it's finished).


Okay, really, TOMORROW we'll start the Yarn Crawl!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...