Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Random Fun Things Tuesday

Yes, there are two more stops on The Yarn Crawl, but I thought I'd take a wee break and show you some Cool Internet Stuff. First up, a video...

Knitting with 1,000 Strands at once:



And then, I was pointed to some lovely photos of guerilla crochet - including some industrious climbing rats, which are my favorites: The Lionheart Project. (This site also has interesting stuff about the Three Giant Lifelike Crocheted Lions that are being made for the 2012 Olympics. Worth looking through, and the finished project? Hope it tours overseas as well!) Click through to see public objects covered in some really cool guerilla crochet!

Then, some photos I've been meaning to share for a while, and "now" seems good:


Yeah, my "filing system" isn't standard. But every time I see that sticky, I giggle. Yes, I'm a geek. You knew that.

This is a book I spotted (and went back and bought a month later) in one of the local bookstores. It's a 1930s account of a family trip to DC, which was a lot of fun, apparently. It's also lovely source material for the period (for writer-me) and just a COOL counterpoint to some 1940s photos my mother found of her and her family's trip to DC.


Then, you know sometimes you ask for a sign about what you should do? I was wondering if I should really plunk down good money for a gym membership earlier this year... and, seriously, I'd just finished the thought when I noticed this on the sidewalk in front of me:


Needless to say, I took the hint.

Back with more Yarny Goodness tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...