Friday, April 22, 2011

Looped Yarn Works

Tuesday and Wednesday involved "going to work" - and allergies. But by Thursday, I was feeling quite a bit better (and it had rained!), so I hopped the bus up to Dupont Circle, and went to Looped.

When & Where: Thursday, April 14 - Looped Yarn Works

Looped is another go-up-stairs shop. I grinned a lot when I got to the door - they have a Gretchen doormat, too! The shop has three rooms, with a class table in one and a lovely little sitting area in another. Since it was lunchtime, the store wasn't super-crowded (I guess *all* the yarn stores participating in the Yarn Crawl were crazy-crowded on Saturday - lines out the door, down the hall, etc.!!), but it wasn't slow, either. I still got personal attention - one of the ladies not only showed me The Cool New Thing (some four-stranded untwisted color change cotton), but showed me the shawl she had started knitting with same. Naturally, I had to get a ball...


...and it *is* really cool.


I searched through Ravelry and found the Nancy & Judy Shawl, and it seemed perfect. It would work with cotton, it was interesting, and it would also work with a gradual color change. Since I'd just finished, right after breakfast, the Thing Then On My Needles, I even had some lovely Addi Lace Needles to start the shawl right away. Which nicely solved the problem of "nothing to knit during the long commute home".

As usual with Looped, something at the point-of-purchase display got me. This time, it was little pewter stitch markers with things like "SSK" and "M1" and "KF&B" in them. Since I'm starting to get a bit crazy with the shawl & sweater knitting, these will come in handy!


I was fifteen minutes late getting back to work, but, luckily, I could stay late & make up the time. (I didn't, though. I just had a short lunch on Friday.) But at least I had a project to start on my commute that evening, which was MUCH longer than it normally would have been!

2 comments:

  1. Just the kind of colors and project I like to tote on my commute! I wish I had a yarn shop within lunch distance, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the stitch markers!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...