Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Yarn LNS: A Dangerous Place

So, several Fridays ago, I wandered into Fibre Space (hey, it happens!), to get some DK cotton for the Nancy Bush workshop that Sunday, since I'd very cleverly stored most of my yarn in a storage unit and then proceeded to give myself a nasty abdominal strain so I can't actually shift anything around in said storage unit for a while. I emerged with two balls of the softest, loveliest alpaca blend that is *just* the perfect color for my husband's eventual Trilobite Hat,


and hopefully for his stuffed Trilobite, as well. (The Trilobite Socks... will be for next year.) Somehow, I wound up with some size 3 DPNs (Darn Pretty Needles) that I didn't really need, but they really were Darn Pretty.

There was also a small ordering accident at Nature's Yarns during the Nancy Bush workshop, wherein I will eventually get a copy of The Enchanted Sole, nicely chronicled by Franklin Habit over on his blog. Picked that up from Nature's Yarns on Saturday - amazing book. Then, this past Thursday, I had to work late, so my boss-who-knits DROVE ME TO Fibre Space (!!!)


so I got to see the Ori Ami Knits trunk show, picked up three more skeins of Silky Wool in Flourite Blue (just in case, or, for a matching tam) for Elizabeth I, a ball winder, and a really lovely shawl pin


from DyakCraft (formerly Grafton Fibers). Um, ignore the Pop Tart in the corner; I just discovered "stickers" on Photobucket.

I just shouldn't be allowed in knitting stores.

2 comments:

  1. It is dangerous to walk into those yarn shops. I know.

    Love the shawl pin! It's so pretty. Can't wait to see how the hat turns out!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically it isn't your fault. You have an addiction and there isn't a 12 step program for it.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...