Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cloth Mag and WiseNeedle.com

So, I might have wandered into a bookstore over the weekend. And I might have wandered into the magazine section. Wherein I might have found this:


.... inside of which was this...

Now, I'm not sure about fashionable burlap, but there were several bags in the issue I just loved, and lots of nice technique hints. When I went looking for a good copy of the magazine cover to post (mine was oddly grainy), I found the magazine's site (yay!), which linked to their VIMEO uploads. For the current issue, there were two "behind the scenes" short videos. They were really interesting - and fun to watch. (Haven't quite figured out how to embed from VIMEO yet.)
Cloth Mag - Autumn JacketsCloth Mag - Plain White Tees

All of that, combined with this (a photo of a robe taken by RandomKnits - I don't know if it's actually hers or not)...

... left me trying to actually *find* some fabric like that. (It's brightly colored, it's a crochet PRINT... yes, I'd make one for myself!)

No luck finding the fabric, but I did find a wonderful resource: String-or-Nothing.com, which is part of Wiseneedle.com, ANOTHER resource I hadn't known about. If you click through on the photo below (from the site - and another thing it would be cool to make!), you can read some really interesting stuff. And then click somewhere else on the page, and read more interesting stuff...

Yes, because I NEEDED another on-line time sink!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...