Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So far, so good...

In knitting news, I've started the second side of my Hello Kitty illusion scarf. Here's the first negative-image Hello Kitty:


Also realized that the Happy Heart and Happy Star I came up with count as Original Designs (since I just made 'em up as I went), so I'll be posting those cuties so other folks can do them at some point. Really need to get my Rav designer name linked with my name so I can upload my photos...!

Since the giving up of buying all craft-related things for Lent, I've probably saved a LOT of money by (a) having to find things in my stash and (b) having an excuse to tell the little "ooooo, buy me that!" voice in my head to hush. I've gone into craft stores, mind you - both Michael's & A.C. Moore looking for things for my husband (not to buy for me; he actually needs stuff sometimes) and walked out without anything for anyone. (Miracles happen.) Anyway, saw a few things I might look into later:


18th Century Embroidery Techniques by Gail Marsh. (I love reading Regency romances, but I absolutely ADORE Georgian-era fashions.) There's also one for the 19th Century.

On the art side, I'm in love with all things Tiffany, especially the glass windows. I have patterns to make several windows and lamps, and a couple of cross-stitch kits (that FINALLY got re-released!!!). The idea of a coloring book/small pattern book just makes me happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...