Monday, March 22, 2010

Pretties, pretties, and more pretties

Did nothing on Masters this week - eh, not exactly true. Got more of my questions answered, but didn't block my swatches. Instead, I knitted on Rogue (the body is done, I'm about 1/3 way through the hood), slept most of Saturday, cleaned up the house a bit, went to see the show at Woodlawn, and used the Birthday Purchase Exception to get some cool stuff at In Stitches.

Woodlawn was lovely - several of the pieces that aren't in the Ribbon Winner's gallery are just amazing. The entire music room was given over to Japanwork - it's really taking off in this area! We had tea & sandwiches, or quiche, or chicken salad (and a yummy lemon tart... and chocolate cake), and went through the exhibit again. I just love seeing all the pieces in the "wild". (If you go through the Flickr set, for example, there's this map of Jamestown. Online, I figured it was about two feet by three feet, right? NO. IT'S A MINIATURE !!!!!) . Anyway, then, off to In Stitches up the road. Stuff was found, to wit: There was this gorgeous canvas available (mine's gonna have 3-D bits, and I'm going to punch up the golds a bit), and there was a matching mini-stocking, so I got them.


The beautiful sample in the store

There was a pattern for a set of squirrel & acorn fobs (well, needlebook, scissors-holder & fob), got that, and then spotted a cute little JBW Designs baby carriage. Found out yesterday that my sister's going to have a little girl soon, so grabbed that. Discovered when I got home that there's a little crown motif on it, which made it even more perfect. Her surname is now "King" - and for her wedding, there were little five-pointed crowns on everything (cards, invites, the wedding cake...), so I picked out the crown in yellow, and did the rest in pink Worked up VERY quickly - about four hours, so I didn't even have to worry about the twenty-four hour rule on new project starts!


Finished Baby Buggy - FAST!

I also got the new Mirabilia, "Lady Hera", which is just SOOOOO perfect for me, some thread-winders for my mom's special-secret project (because I'm terrified I'm going to lose the floss!), a tiny crocheted sweater, lots of stitching-funny pins, and... well, actually, I think that was it. Got my cousin going on cross-stitch again (I hope - I don't know how coherent I was by the end of the day after an enforced Sitting Outside for half an hour), and now, back to the knitting!

3 comments:

  1. It was such a lovely day - fingers crossed I can pull of this whole "cross-stitching" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, pretties, pretties, and more pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for your blue streak... please tell me when you do it, and I want to see pictures!

    By the way, what is this 24 hour rule for starting new projects? I'm curious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...