Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ginormous Sock Knitting

Last Monday, when I was getting close to starting the heel, I measured it on is foot.

That was a mistake - since somehow, gauge lied, his foot lied, and THERE WAS LYING ALL AROUND. Both socks had to be frogged entirely. Since it took a week to get to that point, getting both socks finished, even on a smaller scale, was gonna be close.

Then there was the pattern. In the book, the Trilobite socks don't really took lacy. They look like cute little trilobytes marching up a sock. But this *is* a lace pattern, make no mistake. So a different pattern had to be found, and QUICKLY.

So... turns out the Trilobite Hat chart (from the Trilobite Hat I made for the eventual sock-recipient) works for socks, more or less.

This far, I've gotten a bit past the heel of the first sock:

Hopefully, I'll actually finish one of them before the end of the month. It's a LOT of tiny stockinette!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...