Thursday, April 5, 2012

Flat-bottomed single-skein bag

For my final class, I had to come up with something I could make quickly. I settled on a bag; the problem was figuring out what I could make quickly, and I hit on the idea of the smallest number of sides possible: four. Then, there was making it practical - I like having my small balls of yarn in bags so they stay clean and don't roll all over the floor where my husband large human-cat can chase them. But none of the bags I have are small enough for just one ball AND have a solid enough bottom to sit flat. So I made one.


See, it's basically a pyramid (the “pattern”, such as it is, is on the Project Page) with one side of the top halfway unseamed, with a tie. The tie lets you shrink the opening as the yarn-ball shrinks, so it can’t escape.


But see? It's perfect for one ball of sock yarn!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...