Saturday, February 1, 2014

Three Years Ago

Three years ago, in the month of January, I knitted a lot of things. "With Flames" seemed to be the theme of the month:


Yeah. Not so much this year... but things in general are different. And one of the things that's different is I'm going to start linking my kniting/crocheting/spinning posts on Ravelry again. I stopped doing so at the end of 2010, and that's a shame. I know this isn't the most widely-read crafting blog out there (and being gone for 3/4 of 2013 didn't help), but it *is* read. And it's a great record for me to prove that yeah, I really DO accomplish things.

A scary number of things, actually. Most of which I can't find - including the hat from my icon, which I loved, and which I'll have to replace.

And there's a sadness to seeing an abandoned blog out there in the ether. Just hit the "next blog" button up on top of the screen there ten times, and see how many blogs are still posting in January of 2014.

I want to keep this record going, for myself, and for anyone that might stumble across it. I want it linked to Ravelry, and all the projects there. I want the posts tagged, so I can find things easily (although really, the word-search function on blogger is pretty good!). Because in the long run, this might be all that's left of me in fifty or 100 years, if it's true that the internet will never really die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...