1. Think of something that the two of you say once in a while (the sillier the better, as reading it will bring a smile). Okay, I was in a last-minute panic, as I couldn't think of ANYTHING. While at a S'n'B on a Friday night (the project in question being needed two days hence), the internet coughed up this little gem (for which the Lovely L is entirely responsible, as she'd just asked me if I'd seen a chart of the design anywhere - serendipity):
2. Start stitching. The friend hosting was able to scrounge up spare thread and fabric (and a needle). This is what I had by the end of the evening.
3. Keep goining. By staying up absurdly late after I got home after the S'n'B, I was able to get this far:
4. Finish up. And Saturday night, after he was asleep, I was able to finish up.
5. Frame. Because I'm that sort of person, I had a mat that just happened to work well in the house; a black frame has since been added.
*Phew!!* Luckily, it did indeed Mean Something, and he liked it. Yay!