Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Finally, some pictures!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Whee! It's my Lilly-of-the-Valley Shawl from Lace Style.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here, you can actually see the "nubs" that are the flowers in the pattern. I'm not sure if it's the trickiest lace I've tried - certainly, getting the nubs so they worked quickly was a trip - but it's going smoothly now. I'm up from two rows in fifteen minutes to two rows in five, and it promises to get faster once I can actually figure the pattern as I go.

This is going to be the first thing I've knitted, though, that will actually require "blocking". I'm not sure how I'm going to manage that, since I no longer have carpets, and while my mother has a blocking board, it's sweater-sized. Can you block half a shawl at a time?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, those nubs look just like tiny little flowers, just perfect.

    I will probably have to do my blocking half at a time...if it works, hurray, if not, hmmm, not sure what I'll do.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...