Thursday, January 29, 2015

Stitching Copyright (not what you think!)

So, I needed a stitched copyright symbol. I picked a bunch of fonts, chose one I liked, and blew it up to 72pt type. I then ran it through Stitchboard.com's Free Pattern Wizard (a wonderful, wonderful resource!), and got this:


Now, I'm not actually cross-stitching, per se; I just needed a shape generated so I'd know what shape I was stitching. (Um, that was clear as mud. Hopefully you followed along anyway.) So, I backstitched the whole thing, and started filling in the backstitched area with Smyrna crosses, cross stitches and French Knots.


I then chose a fill stitch for the center background:


And then finished it up. I love the look of the French knot "flowers", and how the design gets warmer closer to the center. I think it came out great!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...